Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Balance

I was in yoga last night and we were doing this balance pose.  I kept tipping to one side and then I would overcompensate and tip to the other side.  Frustrated, I stopped, took a deep breath and focused on this little picture in the front of the room and found my Balance!  It was an amazing feeling.

I came home feeling very much at peace.  Meanwhile, the cable company was calling wanting payment, the pile of essays were stacked up on the desk, the TV was going, people in my life are struggling and needing me.  I needed to find Balance!  So I took a deep breath and let the "noise" around me slowly quiet down.  The cable company would get their payment and what the hell...if it is shut off for a few days, do I really care?  Which prompted me to turn off the TV nobody was listening to.  The pile of essays...there will always be a pile.  What I have learned after 20 years of teaching, one paper at a time and eventually you will get to the bottom.  Breath...focus on that spot...and the spot I focused on was people in my life needing me.

I have always cared deeply for people.  It is a part of me that not only can I NOT change, but I don't WANT to change.  I feel peace when I know I can be there for other people.

And then all of the sudden....Balance!  

Namaste

2 comments: